As a regional connector for the Internet2 network, the Sun Corridor Network connects Arizona's three state universities and other educational research partners. Eligible organizations can access Internet2 services in Arizona by subscribing to Sun Corridor Network.
The Sun Corridor Network provides networking services at POPs (Point of Presence) in Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Tucson. Customers can connect to Sun Corridor POPs via local loops provided by telecommunications vendors in their area.
Sun Corridor Network currently offers the following connections:
- CenturyLink Metro Ethernet
- Cox Metro Ethernet (not currently offering service in Flagstaff)
**Other vendors and connectivity options may be considered on a case by case basis.
Research and education organizations in Arizona are invited to subscribe to the Sun Corridor Network!
Sun Corridor Network Governing Board
The Sun Corridor Network Governing Board, comprised of Chief Information Officers from Arizona’s three state universities, makes all strategic decisions with input from the Sun Corridor Network technical committee. The Board will ensure that member institutions are given a voice in the future direction of the network, shared services, and evolving technologies. Board members include:
- Steve Burrell, Northern Arizona University and current Director of Sun Corridor Network’s Governing Board
- Lev Gonick, Arizona State University
- Barry Brummund, University of Arizona
Sun Corridor Network Executive Director
The Sun Corridor Network Executive Director is the primary non-technical manager for Sun Corridor Network business and administrative operations. The ED is the lead ambassador of Sun Corridor Network to public and private sector stakeholder groups.
- Derek Masseth, Sun Corridor Network
Sun Corridor Technical Committee
The Sun Corridor Network Technical Committee is responsible for the design and architecture of the Sun Corridor infrastructure. The committee makes recommendations to the Board on upgrades, changes and modification to the network.
- Robert Placencia, Network Architect, University of Arizona
- David Russell, Network Telecom Manager, Northern Arizona University
- Dragana Vasic, Assistant Director, Communications Infrastructure Development, University of Arizona